Spirit Wear – Spirit Wear is now available! Our first round of Spirit Wear is now available to order. There are several Spirit Wear days throughout the school year celebrating PD! Please click here to view the options available and order: http://piercedowner.memberhub.store
PD PTA Fundraising – The PTA thought it may be a good time to introduce a few easy ways to raise funds for our PTA from home. These ideas are all completely optional, but convenient ways to support the Pierce Downer PTA:
- Amazon Smile – You can now support Pierce Downer while ordering from Amazon Smile! Go to Smile.amazon.com, sign in with your Amazon credentials, choose and select Pierce Downer as your charity. A percentage of your eligible purchases will go directly to our school! Thank you for your support!
- KOHA App – Please download the KOHA app today and start supporting Pierce Downer! This is an easy and free app that helps give back to Pierce Downer each time you shop at many of our local businesses, such as: Cadence, Mojo’s, Another Round, Zazzo’s, Evelyn Jane, Adorn 512, Bangle Boulevard, and many more! Just download the app (search KOHA in your App Store), register your personal information, select Pierce Downer as your school and start shopping!! It’s as simple as selecting the local business from the approved merchant list, attaching a picture of your receipt and watching the dollars go straight to PD! Click here for more information!
- Corporate Matching – Many companies sponsor matching gift programs and will match your charitable donation made to the PTA. You can maximize your PTA donation by participating in your company’s program at no additional cost to you. It’s free money! All you need to do is apply.
First PD PTA Meeting – The first PD PTA meeting and New Family Welcome will be scheduled soon! Stay tuned for more details!
Weekly Email Contact – You are receiving this email because you provided your preferred email address to District 58 when your registered your PD student for the 2021/2022 school year, and you checked the box to indicate that this information could be shared with the PTA. If you wish to add, delete, or change this email address at any point during the school year, please contact Jennifer Klemz (PTA VP Operations) at email@example.com. We are happy to include up to two email addresses per family. Be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org
Yearbook – If you haven’t done so already, this is the LAST CHANCE To order your 2020-21 yearbook, we only have a few left! Please email Karen Mellen email@example.com
Volunteer Signup – The PTA is planning our volunteer opportunities for the 2021-22 school year and will be using Sign Up to help us organize our volunteer efforts. This information helps us form committees, especially those that need to be up & running this month (i.e.: New Family Welcome, Room Reps, Copy Helpers and Welcome Back Party). Please sign up for what interests you and also keep in mind that while we are hopeful that all of these events can take place during this school year, we will be following all District 58 guidelines. We are still in need of many volunteers:
- Click this link to view descriptions and signup: https://signup.
- Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on Sign Up)
- Choose your spots – Sign Up will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
- Your name/email address will be shared with the committee chair, who will then contact you before the event/task to discuss details.
We hope that you will sign up for these amazing programs and events that the PTA organizes at PD. Without volunteers, none of these activities would happen!
School Supply Kits – If you ordered school supply kits from Carlson’s online back in May, they have been delivered directly to the school and will be waiting for the students in their classrooms tomorrow. The teachers will direct the students in labeling their supplies using the pre-printed name labels provided by Carlson’s. Take note of the items that were NOT included in the kits (gym shoes, art smock, old sock, headphones, band/orchestra items, etc.) and send those with your student as needed on the first day.
The PD PTA wishes good luck to all of our students and staff tomorrow on the first official day of school!
Save the Dates –
For more information on school or PTA activities please visit the school web site or PTA website. Also please subscribe to the PTA calendar. For even more information on community events and activities please check out the District’s e-fliers page.