Artcot – Artcot is May 12th from 6:00pm-8:30pm at Pierce Downer. Come travel the world with your kids as they explore different cultures. There will be activities, food tasting, art, pictures and more. This is a family event – no kids are to be dropped off. All you need to do is show up and enjoy! Look for the flyer in Tuesday folders or click here.
End of Year School Party – The End of Year School Party is May 11th at 3:15pm (ending at 5:15pm). Right after you run your mile in the Fun Run head to the back of the school to celebrate your school year! Coach Josh will be spinning tunes and every kids gets a freeze pop. This is a family event – no unattended children!
Calling all PD Boys! – KickBowl 2017 will be May 30th (rain date is May 31th) starting at 6pm! Pick your favorite lady in your life – mom, sister, aunt, family friend – make sure she is a ringer! Look for the flyer in Tuesday folders or click here. Please return the form and $20 (cash or check only) to the office by May 16. We will let you know your teams by May 23.
Field Day – Field day is Wednesday, June 7th. Please help make it a great day for the kids by volunteering to chaperone games and activities such as face painting, volleyball, chicken toss, kickball, crazy relays, dodgeball and more! Click this link to sign up: http://signup.com/go/DOaeljO. You can work the morning shift (K through 3rd) or the afternoon shift (4th through 6th); you can even sign up for both! Any questions contact Sara Purgatorio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teacher Appreciation Week– It’s Teacher Appreciation Week 2017! We have been working very hard to coordinate a beautiful and appreciative week for our OUTSTANDING teachers at Pierce Downer, but we could definitely use a few more donations.
- We are still in need of gift cards for the Friday gift card raffle. The gift cards can be of any denomination and from any place of your choice. Any and all gift cards are very much appreciated! It is our goal to give each one of our teachers a gift card on Friday. We have a ways to go before we reach that goal just yet. If you would like to donate gift cards for the gift card raffle, please drop them off in the green Teacher Appreciation gift card collection bag in the school office by the fax machine.
- We are still looking for volunteers to send in various food items, centerpieces, supplies, and/or help with a set-up or clean-up of the lounge. We have recently added a few more items needed for various days throughout the rest of the week to the sign up.
- Please click on the link to open up the sign up. http://signup.com/go/Uk5Qmc
- If you have any questions, please contact either Joanna Matthies at email@example.com or Teri Bonk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for all of your generous donations and help to make the 2017 Teacher Appreciation Week the best that it can be!
Service Learning – The following events are for PD students and their families! The Service Learning Committee has set everything up for you. Just choose an activity for your family and RSVP. Every activity requires an adult chaperone. Click Service Learning Events Information and Registration to learn more and to register for events listed.These events are for PD students and their families!
- Facility Tour at Sharing Connections
- 5111 Chase Ave. Downers Grove
- Wednesday, May 10th at 4:00 pm
- All ages are welcome with adult supervision. Learn more about neighbors helping neighbors and how your family can help!
- Please register at: https://fs22.formsite.com/dgforms/form15/index.html
- Contact Melanie Jankauskas email@example.com with questions.
STEAM Classes– For more information and to register for any of the classes listed below, click the link on STEAM Class Information and Registration
- Science Workshop- Catapults with Mike Schaefer. Grades K-6th. Monday, May 8th, 3-4:30pm, in the Pierce Downer Gym. A Science Workshop where you’ll learn how to build catapults! Cost is $5, register by Friday, May 5th. Register by clicking the link above.
Fun Run – Please remember to turn in your Registration Form for the Fun Run/walk next Thursday, May 11th. We hope you will join us for this one mile walk or run. Please fill out the Fun Run Registration and turn into the office with cash or check made out to Pierce Downer PTA. The entry fee is $5 per person and preschoolers are free. Please return your registration by May 5th to guarantee a drawstring bag.
School Supply Kits – Place your student’s school supply kit order now for the 2016/2017 school year. Order & pay ONLINE ONLY via www.carlsonschoolkits.com. For complete ordering information click on 2017 Supply Kit Flyer. Orders will be accepted through Friday, May 19th.
April Meeting Minutes – The meeting minutes form the April PTA Meeting can be viewed here.
Thank you to Bethany Keown for organizing a fun Cubs outing for our families!
Save the Dates –
THIS WEEK – Teacher Appreciation Week
THURSDAY – Fun Lunch
5/11 – Fun Run, 3:15pm
5/11 – End of Year Party, immediately following Fun Run
5/12- Artcot, 6:00-8:30pm
5/18 – Fun Lunch
5/19 – School Spirit Wear Day
5/29 – No School- Memorial Day
5/30- KickBowl, 6pm
6/7 – Field Day
6/8 – 6th Grade Breakfast, 9-11am
6/9- Last Day of School- Half Day
For more information on school or PTA activities please visit the school web site or PTA web site. For even more information on community events and activities please check out the District’s e-fliers page at District e-fliers.