Teacher Appreciation – Let’s Roll Out the Red Carpet for the PD staff!! Teacher appreciation is right around the corner starting Monday, May 2! We are again excited to “award” our amazing staff with meals and surprises throughout the week! Like last year, our committee will be collecting monetary donations from our families in order to make this Teacher Appreciation Week special for our PD teachers and staff. We will be collecting donations ($5 per student suggested) starting today, April 12th – Tuesday, April 26th. Donations can be made to one of the co-chairs, Jen Meggos through Venmo @Jen-Meggos. Cash donations can be dropped to Jen Meggos and placed in an envelope in the mailbox. Any donation is greatly appreciated!
Earth Week Activities from Healthy Kids Committee – Monday, April 18th through Friday, April 22nd is Earth Week at PD! Let’s celebrate our Earth with some fun!
- Monday, April 18th – Pledge to be green at school! Ways to pledge to be green and more about Earth Week found HERE. PD is partnering with SCARCE!!! Please bring your bread tags to the front office to recycle. We will be collecting bread tags through June. All bread tags collected will be turned into wheelchairs!! Check out all the cool activities and recycling Scarce does: https://www.scarce.org/
- Tuesday, April 19th – National Bike/ Walk to School Day. Class with the most participation will win the Golden Sneaker Award and a prize!
- Wednesday, April 20th:
- Thursday, April 21st:
- Waste Free Thursday. Bring Waste Free Lunch to school. Students may participate in a raffle if they have a waste free lunch. One winner per grade level.
- Outdoor Yoga on black top by playground from 3-3:30pm. Sign up HERE for more info and sign up to attend. Please sign up your student for Outdoor Yoga by Monday, April 18th.
- Friday, April 22nd – Earth Day!! Show your love for the Earth by wearing blue or green. Wear BLUE to support keeping our oceans clean or wear GREEN to support our Earth!
Artcot – Want to help out at one of the first events PD PTA is sponsoring since Covid happened? Here’s your chance. Artcot is Friday, May 13th from 6:30-8:30pm. Join us in helping make an amazing art/cultural night for our students! We are looking for parent volunteers to either organize a room, volunteer that night, set up, clean up etc. If you are interested in volunteering, please email Carrie Garman at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are free, Thursday, April 14th at 7pm…stop by Cellar Door in the backroom for an Artcot meeting. Can’t make it to the meeting, no worries, just email us to let us know you can help at Artcot. For more information about what Artcot is..check HERE.
April Dine-Out at The Foxtail – Please join us for our April dine-out on Wednesday, April 20th, from 11:30am – 9pm, at The Foxtail. Dine-in or carry out and 20% of your check total will go back to Pierce Downer PTA! You must mention PIERCE DOWNER FUNDRAISER for our school to receive the 20% credit.
You’re PAWsome Signs – Our yard signs are a perfect way to show your PD spirit and support our school at the same time! Great for birthdays, or just to surprise your PD Panther!
For only $25, your chosen address will get 5 yard signs installed in the front lawn for 1 full day, by a member of our You’re PAWsome team. Please reserve and pay for your day(s) HERE.
Save the Dates –