- Let’s Build It – Crazy Circuits (1st – 6th Grade)- A cutting edge area of engineering. Design and build! Projects will include a disc launcher, electronic games, musical instruments, alarms and more.
- Tuesdays, April 4th-May 30th, from4-5pm in the Pierce Downer Gym
- Click on flyer HERE for more information and to REGISTER.
- Kindness Pouches – We are still in need of these specific items for the Kindness Pouches project: hand warmers, socks, and trail mix. The Kindness Pouches will be distributed to the homeless. Your donations to this project are greatly appreciated by the Student Council and the Service Learning Committee! Collection bins are set up next to the LRC and will be available throughout the remainder of the school year.
- Thank You Volunteers! We want to thank all the students and families who participated in the event at the “Feed My Starving Children” organization last week! We had about 18 PD students and family members volunteer their time for this great event. You can see our students, in the photos below, hard at work filling the food packets for children in Nicaragua. Our group contributed to the 30,000 total meals that were packed that night by all the groups in attendance.
Destination Imagination – Congratulations to all five of the Pierce Downer teams that competed in Saturday’s regional tournament in Glen Ellyn! The five teams demonstrated amazing creativity, teamwork and perseverance in coming up with innovative solutions to challenges in four different categories: engineering, fine arts, science, and improvisation. Thanks so much to all of the parent managers who tirelessly worked with these teams for the past six months! One sixth grade team, The Mystical Marshmellow Sky DI-vers, led by Sue Lesley, won second place in the engineering challenge and will be competing at the state level tournament at Northern Illinois University on April 8th.
Save the Dates –