PTA Meeting – All are welcome to attend our next PTA meeting, which is on Wednesday, January 15 at 2:15pm at Pierce Downer in the LRC. More information to come next week.
Sweetheart Dance – Please save the date for Daddy Daughter Dance which is scheduled for Thursday, February 27th from 6:30-8:30pm at PD! More information to come!
Reflections – Last month, at Herrick Middle School, PTA Reflections held and award ceremony honoring all of the student entries that advanced to the DuPage East District level. In addition, we announced the student entries that further advanced to the Regional level competition. Pierce Downer will have 6 students entering the Regional competition, with a total of 9 advancing projects, this is an amazing accomplishment! Below is the list students who advanced, along with their respective categories.
- Film Production: 3rd-5th grade- Avery Miller
- Dance: 3rd-5th grade- Avery Miller
- Music Composition: 3rd-5th grade-Beatrix Hawkins & Briley Steffes
- Visual Arts: K-2nd grade- Greyson Miller, 3rd-5th grade- Avery Miller, 6th grade- Ingrid Dombrowski
- Photography: 3rd-5th grade- Meili Fleener & Avery Miller
We would like to thank ALL the artists for their outstanding contributions. We will be displaying a few projects in the library through the month of January. Stop on in and take a look at the creative projects. We are so proud of our students!
Joint SLC/Student Council Event – Let’s continue to spread some cheer! Join the Service Learning Committee and your Student Council Monday, January 20th, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, from 10:30-11:30 AM to share your time and talent with the long term residents at Lexington Health Care Center, 2100 South Finley Road in Lombard. We’re looking for volunteers who play musical instruments or dance, who would like recital practice to perform a song of your choice in the dining room where our event will be held for about 20 Lexington residents. There is no piano but a keyboard is available. There is enough room for a small group of Irish dancers, for example. The residents would LOVE to see you shine – your performance doesn’t have to be perfect! In addition, there will be crafts and interactive games for all to participate and make connections across generations. We anticipate meeting in the Lexington Health Care Center Lobby at 10:15 AM. Please join us! Kindly RSVP via email to Jennie Amidei at email@example.com and we’ll plan accordingly. Thank you!
- Bricks 4 Kidz Lego Classes – ACT FAST-Classes fill up quickly. Bricks 4 Kidz® is excited to return to Pierce Downer Elementary! Their after-school enrichment classes provide an exciting atmosphere for students to build unique creations, play games, and have loads of fun using LEGO® bricks. A winter session is being offered for grades K-6 beginning next Friday, January 17th from 3-4pm. This class is 8 sessions. Click here for more information and registration details.
KOHA – Don’t forget! Through January 15th, KOHA invites the community to shop local and earn money to support your District 58 schools! Shop and spend at participating KOHA businesses throughout the holidays and the school with the highest number of receipts uploaded wins! KOHA will double the winning school’s combined receipt dollar amount, up to $1,000. Please note that all receipts must be uploaded within 14 days of purchase. Click here to learn more!