PD All School Yearbooks on sale NOW! – Please click on the link to purchase your 2016/2017 Pierce Downer All School Yearbook for $16.00. This year we are ordering directly through Jostens website. If this is a problem or if anyone has any questions – please contact Leah Thulin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Yearbooks will be on sale until February 21. Click here to: BUY A YEARBOOK or head over to the PD PTA website for the link at http://piercedownerpta.org.
Six Flags Great America “Read to Succeed” Program – Read & earn a ticket to Six Flags Great America! Students who log six hours of reading before Friday, February 17th earn a free ticket to Six Flags Great America! Forms due to their homeroom teacher by 2/17/17 (extended deadline). Any questions, please contact Laima Palubinskas (email@example.com) or Jen VanHoutan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Variety Show – The Variety Show is February 25 and now is your chance to order your DVD and pictures of your very talented children! Please get the form and money into the office by Thursday February 23!
District 58 Board Candidate Forum – There will be four open positions on the District 58 Board of Education at the end of the current term. As a service to our community, our middle school PTAs are hosting two candidate forums to help voters make informed decisions in preparation for the election April 4th. Please RSVP through the links below if you are able to attend:
- O’Neill Middle School -Tuesday, Feb. 14 at 7:15 p.m. Register at http://omspta.wixsite.com/mysite
- O’Neill Middle School PTA invites you! We are hosting a candidate forum for the District 58 School Board on Tuesday, Feb. 14 at 7:15 p.m. in the cafeteria. The candidates will briefly introduce themselves. We will collect questions from the audience and have the candidates answer the questions that reflect the audience as a whole. This is a wonderful opportunity to learn about the candidates and be an informed voter in April. Please RSVP via the link above to let us know you will be in attendance.
- Herrick Middle School- Wednesday, Feb. 22 from 7-8:30 p.m. Register at https://goo.gl/forms/qGFBwMdlOlHZw8xg1
- Candidate forum, part 2! Since we do have a time limit and would like to give each candidate equal opportunity to provide their input, we have chosen a format that mixes scripted answers with open Q&A. The candidates will briefly introduce themselves and take turns answering key questions based on community feedback. If enough time remains at the end of this process we will open the floor to individual questions from the audience. Please RSVP via the link above to let us know you will be in attendance and to tell us about the topics that most interest you. Your feedback will be used to help generate the key questions that comprise the bulk of the forum.
- Please note that, as members of the Illinois PTA, O’Neill, Herrick, and all other DG58 PTAs do not endorse any particular candidate(s). We are offering this forum as a service for all of our community members.
Service Learning – The following events are for PD students and their families! The Service Learning Committee has set everything up for you. Just choose an activity for your family and RSVP. Every activity requires an adult chaperone. Click Service Learning Events Information and Registration to learn more and to register for events listed.These events are for PD students and their families!
- Feed My Starving Children- This is a family event – for Pierce Downer students and their families. Feed My Starving Children is a non-profit organization that helps turn hunger to hope. Children and adults hand-pack meals specifically designed to reverse malnutrition for starving children around the world. Please click on the following link to sign-up: http://volunteer.fmsc.org/Register/Group/JoinGroup.aspx?gid=985127
After you register your name, be sure to click “add members” to add the name of each member of your family that will be attending so that we can get an accurate head count. For any questions, please contact Anu Fisher at email@example.com.
- Date:March 2, 2017
- Time: 6pm – 7:30pm
- Location: 555 Exchange Ct., Aurora, IL
- Thank you to all the volunteers who participated in our Valentine craft making event at theLexington Health Care Facility yesterday! We had a total of 15 volunteers (including students & parents) that made crafts, gave out Valentine treats, and visited with the residents. Many of the residents said the visit “made their day!”
STEAM Classes– For more information and to register for any of the classes listed below, click the link on STEAM Class Information and Registration
- Common Threads (Kindergarten- 3rd Graders) – Cooking for Life with local chef Rae Ellen. Learn about nutrition and healthy cooking. Students will make and eat a healthy snack during class.
- Monday, February 27th from 3-4pm in the Pierce Downer Gym
- Click on link above for more info and to register.
Save the Dates –
THURSDAY- Fun Lunch
2/20 – No School- Presidents’ Day
2/25 – Variety Show at the Tivoli, 10am
For more information on school or PTA activities please visit the school web site or PTA web site. For even more information on community events and activities please check out the District’s e-fliers page at District e-fliers.