District 58 Board Candidate Forum – There will be four open positions on the District 58 Board of Education at the end of the current term. As a service to our community, our middle school PTAs are hosting two candidate forums to help voters make informed decisions in preparation for the election April 4th. Please RSVP through the links below if you are able to attend:
- Herrick Middle School- TOMORROW, Wednesday, Feb. 22 from 7-8:30 p.m. Register at https://goo.gl/forms/qGFBwM
- Candidate forum, part 2! Since we do have a time limit and would like to give each candidate equal opportunity to provide their input, we have chosen a format that mixes scripted answers with open Q&A. The candidates will briefly introduce themselves and take turns answering key questions based on community feedback. If enough time remains at the end of this process we will open the floor to individual questions from the audience. Please RSVP via the link above to let us know you will be in attendance and to tell us about the topics that most interest you. Your feedback will be used to help generate the key questions that comprise the bulk of the forum.
- Please note that, as members of the Illinois PTA, O’Neill, Herrick, and all other DG58 PTAs do not endorse any particular candidate(s). We are offering this forum as a service for all of our community members.
- 9:20 – Room 130 – Golden Fires (3rd grade team led by Deidre Omahen and Elizabeth Kuchta) (Vanished – Fine Arts Challenge)
- 10:00 – Gym B – Mystical Marshmallows (6th grade team led by Sue Lesley) (In it Together – Structure Challenge)
- 10:00 – Room 134 – As Cool as Cucumbers Can Be (2nd grade team led by Lynn Enright and Kam Sidhwa) (Top Secret – Science Challenge)
- 12:00 – Library Media Center – Do or Di (5th grade team led by Sara Farrero) (3-Peat – Improv Challenge)
- 12:20 – Room 134 – Code Red (3rd grade team led by Melissa Brenner) (Top Secret – Science Challenge)
Service Learning – The following events are for PD students and their families! The Service Learning Committee has set everything up for you. Just choose an activity for your family and RSVP. Every activity requires an adult chaperone. Click Service Learning Events Information and Registration to learn more and to register for events listed.These events are for PD students and their families!
- Feed My Starving Children- This is a family event – for Pierce Downer students and their families. Feed My Starving Children is a non-profit organization that helps turn hunger to hope. Children and adults hand-pack meals specifically designed to reverse malnutrition for starving children around the world. Please click on the following link to sign-up: http://volunteer.fmsc
After you register your name, be sure to click “add members” to add the name of each member of your family that will be attending so that we can get an accurate head count. For any questions, please contact Anu Fisher at email@example.com.
- Date:March 2, 2017
- Time: 6pm – 7:30pm
- Location: 555 Exchange Ct., Aurora, IL
- Kindness Pouches –The SLC is proud to be partnering with Student Council again on the Kindness Pouches! We are collecting warm socks, hand warmers, granola bars, trail mix and chapstick to distribute to the homeless. Items can be dropped off in the bins next to the LRC throughout the remainder of the school year.
- Common Threads (Kindergarten- 3rd Graders) – LAST CHANCE! Cooking for Life with local chef Rae Ellen. Learn about nutrition and healthy cooking. Students will make and eat a healthy snack during class.
- Monday, February 27th from 3-4pm in the Pierce Downer Gym
- Register by THIS Thursday, February 23rd!
- Click on link above for more info and to register.
The Sweetheart Dance was a huge success! All the little ladies looked lovely in their fancy wear! We want to thank the committee – Melanie Jankauskas, Amanda Moore, Beth Adamo, Erin Guth, Kristy Pauley and Sara Purgatorio. Looking forward to next years gala!
Save the Dates –