Crossing Guard Collection – We are collecting money for the crossing guards for the holidays. As you know, they all do a lot for us and keep our kids safe daily. If you would like contribute to the gift, please drop off your donation in the box marked “Crossing Guards” in the front office at school. If you would like your name listed on the cards please make sure to add your name on your envelope. No checks please, as the money is going directly to the crossing guards. Please drop off your contribution by the end of school on Wednesday, December 14th.
Service Learning – This is the perfect time of the year to give of your time and your gifts!! The Service Learning Committee has done all the work for you and set up several opportunities this month to volunteer and serve others in need. Click Service Learning Events Information and Registration to learn more and to register.
- Food/Toy Drive – Dec. 7th to Dec 14: Student Council Class Representatives will speak to each classroom about the importance of giving to those in need. A food and toy drive will be held with all collections going to the West Suburban Community Pantry.
- West Suburban Community Pantry Tour and Volunteer Work – Dec 14 from 4pm- 5pm: A tour has been set-up for those Pierce Downer families interested in learning more about the West Suburban Community Pantry. There will also be opportunity to do hands-on sorting and distributing of the donated goods. Please contact Anu Fisher (email@example.com) to sign-up.
- Lekotek Holiday Party in Chicago’s Lincoln Park Neighborhood – Dec 10: Help facilitate a holiday activity station for Lekotek’s holiday party on Saturday, December 10. Lekotek.org is toy lending and play education for children with disabilities ages 0-8. RSVP to Deidre Omahen firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays: Another great opportunity during the holiday season to help fulfill a families holiday wish list within our very own community. A sign-up genius link with specific items from the families wish list will be included in next week’s PTA email. Stay tuned for more details! If you have any questions please contact Nicki Blattner at email@example.com.
- PADS at St. Mary’s in Downers Grove – Jan 6: Details coming soon for baking desserts, donating food and volunteering to set up beds/set tables. Please RSVP to Jennie Amidei at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Battle of the Bands – The Battle of the Bands committee is still looking for new people! If you are interested in learning more about joining a band please contact Kristen France at email@example.com or fill out the registration form- http://tinyurl.com/PDBOB2017
STEAM Programs – Click this link for STEAM Class Information and Registration.
- Bricks4Kids Engineering & Jr. Robotics – Classes started Monday, but there is still space available, walk-ins accepted! Cost will be pro-rated! For more information and if you would like to register for a class click the link on the above.
- ARTCOT – We are in desperate need of 2 co-chairs for Artcot!! If you (and your friend) are interested in co-chairing, please email Jennie Amidei at firstname.lastname@example.org. This event only happens by parents volunteering….let’s not have this incredible event fade from this school year’s calendar.
- Stage Stars – There is still time to sign your child up for Stage Stars! The session started yesterday but you can still click on the Stage Stars Flyer to register. (*Stage Stars will not pro-rate you for a missed class.)
- Language Stars Spanish Class for 3rd – 6th – Your child can still sign up for the Tuesday morning Spanish class and get a 15% discount on the rest of the this year’s classes! Click on Language Stars Flyer to register.
Save the Dates –
THURSDAY – Fun Lunch
12/12 – Spirit Day – Pajama Day
12/15 – Fun Lunch
For more information on school or PTA activities please visit the school web site or PTA web site. For even more information on community events and activities please check out the District’s e-fliers page at District e-fliers.