Open PTA Executive Board Positions for 2021/2022 – If you have a desire to serve on our PTA Executive Board, please let us know! The following positions are opening up: Co-President (this will be filled by a current member on our Executive Board), VP of Academics, Secretary and Co-Treasurer (this position requires a 2 year commitment). We are also always looking for new Chairpersons for many other positions on our PTA. The sign up for chairpersons will be sent out at the end of the year. Please contact piercedownerpta@gmail.
PD Scholarships – PD PTA is happy to be able to offer two $1000 scholarships to former Pierce Downer students in good standing who are currently seniors at Downers Grove North High School. Applications are due no later than Friday March 5th, 2021 and should have already been sent to those seniors that are eligible. The applications and eligibility requirements can be found by emailing Jennie Amidei at email@example.com. All applicants will be notified of his/her result. The two recipients of the Pierce Downer Community Scholarships will be announced at the Virtual DGN Awards Night in May 2021. Good Luck!
DirectorySpot is a mobile directory platform. All registered Pierce Downer PTA members are granted free access to DirectorySpot.
- All PTA members will receive an automated email with a link to download Directory Spot via the Apple or Android app store.
- To launch DirectorySpot, enter your email address as your Username, and click on “Reset Password.”
- Click on the link in your email to set your password, relaunch the DirectorySpot app, and login with your username and password.
How to Access on Tablet, Mac, or PC:
- Go to directoryspot.net and click on “Login” in the upper right hand corner.
- Enter your email address as your Username, and click on “Reset Password.” An email will be sent to you with a link to set your password.
- Click on the link in your email to set your password and login.
Tips for Using DirectorySpot:
- DirectorySpot can be used to get individual family contact information, class lists, parent room representative names/contact information as well as teacher/staff contact information. DirectorySpot can be searched in a few ways: (a) Teacher/Class List: Click the “Teacher” tab at the bottom of the app and you will see a list of all school teachers listed in alphabetical order. Click on the specific teacher and you will see the class list. (b) Family: Click on the “Families” tab at the bottom of the app and you will see a list of all school families listed in alphabetical order. Click on a family name to get contact information such as phone, email address, mailing address and list of students by grade at Pierce Downer. (c) Room representatives: along with email addresses, can also be found under each teacher’s class list.
- Teachers, staff and parents can be contacted directly through the app via email (teachers are email only), text or phone. To text, hold down the phone number and you will be given the option to text. You can also auto launch maps when you click on an address.
- Class lists can be downloaded and printed via the website at www.directoryspot.net.
What do I do if I need to change my contact information: If you need to edit your family’s contact information within Directory Spot, please email Melissa Odenbach at firstname.lastname@example.org to make changes. Please also notify the school office so they can update files as well.
DG58 invites parents and guardians to “Talking to Children About Sexual Abuse” on Wednesday, February 24th from 6:30-8 p.m. via Zoom (the February 17th Zoom is full). Please click here to register for this event by Friday, Feb. 11. More information on the DG58 website.
Save the Dates –