Student Assembly – On Thursday January 5th, all students will see an assembly by Artist Dan Laib. He will demonstrate how anyone can draw with some basic concept and use drawing as an example to teach kids how to problem solve. After the fun assemblies, Laib will spend the rest of the day as an artist in residence, visiting classrooms and answering questions from students.
Variety Show – Please click on https://goo.gl/forms/L15m5CfMtkrntk6B3 for rehearsal and sign up information. All forms will be completed online this year and only ONE parent leader for each group will complete the Act Information section. All participating students must have the permission slip completed in order to attend the audition’s. Completed forms are due no later than Friday, January 13th.
PLEASE NOTE: Acts must be near performance ready by auditions on January 26th and 27th. If you have any questions, please Matt Lodding at Matt@YourNightProductions.com.
Service Learning – These events are for PD students and their families! This is the perfect time of the year to give of your time and your gifts!! The Service Learning Committee has set everything up for you…..just RSVP and volunteer or donate or both! Every activity requires an adult chaperone.
Click Service Learning Events Information and Registration to learn more and to register for events listed.
- PADS at St. Mary’s (SLC) – Several families signed up to volunteer their time and food at the PADS Shelter this Friday, January 6. Jennie Amidei has sent out an email regarding your assignments. Please email Jennie if you have not heard from her or if you had any other questions about the evening.
- Adopt-a-Family for the Holidays: The Service Learning Committee (SLC) would like to thank everyone who donated to the local families’ holiday wish list!! Because of your generosity we were able to get just about everything on their list plus more! We hope you have had a happy holiday season and break with your family!
- Christmas Caroling – The Service Learning Committee organized a group of families to go Christmas Caroling on December 22 (rescheduled from freezing December 15). The songs were thoroughly enjoyed by all the recipients! See attached photos.
STEAM Classes– For more information and to register for any of the classes listed below, click the link on STEAM Class Information and Registration.
- New Language Labs – Spanish Class during lunch/recess (15 week session) K – 6th Grades. Starting Wednesdays, January 11th – April 26th, 2017, from 11:40-12:20 in the Pierce Downer Primary Breakout Room. Cost is $210
- Chess Club – Chess Club Winter session! Chess Scholars (10 weeks session) K-6th Grades. Classes begin Tuesday, January 17th – March 21st, 2017 from 4pm-5pm in the Pierce Downer Gym. Cost before Jan. 7th is $122. After Jan. 7th the cost is $137. Click on Chess Club Flyer for more information.
- Reminder: Bricks4Kidz Engineering and Jr. Robotics continues Monday, January 9th, from 4 -5pm. This winter session concludes January 30th.
- Reminder: Stage Stars continues Monday, January 9th, from 3-4pm. This winter session concludes in February.
- Reminder: Sign up for Chess Club before January 7th to get the discount.
Save the Dates –
1/12 – Fun Lunch
1/13 – Variety Show applications due
1/16 – No School – MLK Day
1/17 – PTA Meeting, 7pm
1/26 – Spirit Day – Crazy Hair Day
1/26 – Fun Lunch
For more information on school or PTA activities please visit the school web site or PTA web site. For even more information on community events and activities please check out the District’s e-fliers page at District e-fliers.