Reflections – We are so proud of our Pierce Downer students that participated in the PTA Reflections program this year. Out of the 23 entries in this year’s contest, “What is Your Story”, 19 entries proceeded to compete at the DuPage East District level. Here are the entries that proceeded onto District:
- Visual Arts: K-2n grade: Paige Moore, Avery Moore, and Priya Fisher; 3rd-5th grade: Kendall Arnold, Eva Henrikson and Mackenzie Wells; 6th grade: Abbey Goddard
- Film Production: K-2nd grade: Hannah Klemz; 3rd– 5th grade: Rajan Fisher
- Photography: K-2nd grade: Jimmy Gruszka, Priya Fisher, and Sajan Komanduri; 6th grade: Makena Presson
- Dance: 3rd-5th grade: Sydney Miller and Rylin Conway
- Literature: 3rd-5th grade: Pallavi Fisher
- Music Composition: 3rd-5th grade: Malini Fisher, Sydney Peterson, Emily Van Houtan
This Wednesday, December 7, DuPage East District will honor these students at an awards ceremony taking place at Herrick Middle School. Our own Mrs. Clavenna will be announcing names and handing out award certificates. Some of these entries may even proceed further to Region, State and National levels. Great work students!
- The Battle of the Bands Kids Show is April 7, 2017 at the DGN Auditorium from 6:30-8:30.
- The Battle of the Bands Adult Show is April 22, 2017 at Ballydoyle from 7:00pm- 1:00am.
Click Service Learning Events Information and Registration to learn more and to register for events listed.
- Food/Toy Drive – Dec. 7th to Dec 14: Please make this Holiday Season just a little brighter for those in our area needing our help! We will be collecting non-perishable holiday food items and new, unwrapped toys that will be directly donated to West Suburban Community Pantry. Drop items off in collection boxes at school. Please contact Anu Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- Lekotek Holiday Party in Chicago’s Lincoln Park Neighborhood – Dec 10 from 9am-12pm: Help facilitate a holiday activity station for Lekotek’s holiday party on Saturday, December 10. Lekotek.org is a toy lending and play education organization for children with disabilities ages 0-8. RSVP to Deidre Omahen email@example.com if interested. (You only need to show up – Deidre will guide you through the activity.)
- West Suburban Community Pantry Tour and Volunteer Work – Dec 14 from 4pm-5pm: Sign up your family to tour the West Suburban Community Pantry. You will also be able to sort and distribute the donated goods! Please contact Anu Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign-up.
- Christmas Caroling in Pierce Downer Neighborhood – Dec 15 from 6pm-7pm: Meet at Pierce Downer to review the route and receive the printed songs. It is encouraged that everyone dress warm and wear festive gear such as Santa hats and jingle bells. The more festive, the better. Although we will plan to stay together, it is not a supervised event. Bring your favorite hot beverage to enjoy as we jingle along the way.
- Adopt-a-Family for the Holidays: Another great opportunity during the holiday season to help fulfill a family’s holiday wish list within our very own dg58 community. Sign up to buy a specific gift for this family and follow the instructions on this link http://www.signupgenius.
com/go/20f0f4facaf2cabf58- adopt. Contact Nicki Blattner at email@example.com with any questions.
- PADS at St. Mary’s in Downers Grove – Jan 6: Shifts will run from 5:00pm – 830pm. Sign up to set up beds, set tables, bake desserts, donate food, serve guests at soup and drink stations. Please RSVP to Jennie Amidei at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
STEAM Programs – Click this link for STEAM Class Information and Registration.
- ARTCOT – We are in desperate need of 2 co-chairs for Artcot!! If you (and your friend) are interested in co-chairing, please email Jennie Amidei at email@example.com. This event only happens by parents volunteering….let’s not have this incredible event fade from this school year’s calendar.
- Bricks4Kids Engineering & Jr. Robotics – Last chance! Classes already started, but there is still space available, walk-ins accepted! Cost will be pro-rated! For more information and if you would like to register for a class click the link on the above.
- Stage Stars – Last chance! There is still time to sign your child up for Stage Stars! The session already started but you can still click on the Stage Stars Flyer to register. (*Stage Stars will not pro-rate you for a missed class.)
Save the Dates –
12/12 – Spirit Day – Pajama Day
12/15 – Fun Lunch