Battle of the Bands Kids Show – Our family friendly show is THIS SATURDAY April 6th at 6:30pm in the upstairs room at the Moose, 1030 Warren Ave. Bring the family! Invite your neighbors! This show is open to the public and we want to fill the house! We will have finger lights for all of the kids, face painting and the kids will also be voting for their favorite band. The winning band will be announced at the end of the show!
This year’s bands include:
- Charlemagne’s Revenge: Bob Blair-Smith, Mariah Cameron, Kristen France, Rob France, Tim Heverin, Paul Kinealy and Jeff Kuchta.
- Uncommon Core: Christine Bednard, Marty Gallwas, Luke Henrikson, Allison Heverin, Tim Heverin, Pete Hopkins and Liz Werthman
- Hip Replacements: Chris Degiorgio, Frank Hurst, Ed Larson, Mike Cummins, Todd Schenk and Ben Tombaugh
- Blacktop Rebellion – Sean Doherty, John Doyle and Sarah Scholz
- No Sudden Movements: Mariah Cameron, Mike Cummins, Chris Digiorgio, John Doyle, Amy Goray, Brian Hecht, Janet Hecht, and Cara Knutson
- Missyfits – Dave Fieldman, Matt Garman, Missy Hansen, Tim Heverin, Dan Karrow, Chris Miller and Lou Reina
- Fake Music: Theresa Arnold, Brando Civitinova, Tom Civitanova, Bill Miller, Jeremy Miller, Brian Moore and Robin Rutkowski
PTA Meeting & Parent Education – Our next PTA meeting is next Tuesday, April 9th, at 7:00pm in the Library. Immediately following the brief meeting, Eva Cozzi from Alder Grove Counseling will be sharing her presentation on anxiety, depression, and ways parents can support their children. Babysitting will be provided.
Battle of the Bands Adult Show Raffle – Enter for your chance to win priority seating at the Battle Of The Bands show at Ballydoyle on Saturday, April 27th! Look for raffle forms in your child’s folder or click here. Winners will be drawn on Thursday, April 25th at lunch! Good luck and see you at the show!
Author Fest – Author Fest is coming to District 58! Although, we are not a hosting school this year, there are a few “Open to the Public” events happening on the evening of Friday, April 26th. Please see the attached flyer for details.
Fun Run –
The PD Fun Run is coming up on Thursday, May 2nd right after school at 3:10pm. We hope you will join us for this fun one mile walk/run. Please fill out the Fun Run Registration
and turn into the office with cash or check made out to Pierce Downer PTA. The entry fee is $10 per person. Please return your registration form by THIS FRIDAY April 5th to ensure correct size of PD Fun Run T-shirt.
Cubs Night Out – Get your cubs tickets now! We only have 50 tickets left for the game on April 10th at 7:05. Tickets are first come first serve. Please turn in your form to the front office by Friday, April 5th. Tickets will be handed out after school Monday, April 8th by the main entrance of the school. Click here
for the form. Any questions or concerns please email Melissa Poirier at Melissaeve26@gmail.com
Trivia Night – Lights, Camera, Action! Click here to register for The Pierce Downer Hollywood Nights Trivia fundraiser! Trivia Night is April 13th at 7:30 at the Downers Grove American Legion. Please contact Veronica Roche (email@example.com) or Megan Shoemaker (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
FRIDAY – Fun Lunch – Great American Bagel
SATURDAY – Battle of the Bands Kid Show – 6:30pm at the Moose
4/9 – PTA Meeting, 7pm in the Library
4/10- Cubs Game, 7:05pm
4/13 – Trivia Night, 7:30 at the American Legion
4/18 – McDonald’s McTeacher Night – 4-7pm
4/19 – No School – Good Friday
4/27 – Battle of the Bands Adult Show- 7pm-1am at Ballydoyle
5/2 – Fun Run, 3:10pm
5/9 – VIP Day for 1st and 5th graders 9:30-11:30