Sweetheart Dance – We are just 14 days away from the sweetest dance around! Guys grab your girls and come dance away with Coach Josh on February 14th from 6:30-8:30pm! Enjoy refreshments, a photo booth and your sweetheart will get a pink rose at the end of the dance to remember all of her fun! Please RSVP and pay via this link- https://fs22.formsite.com/dgforms/dance/index.html. RSVP no later than Friday, February 10th. We hope to see you there!
Parent/Teacher Conference Babysitting – Don’t forget! Free babysitting is available in the PD gym for parent/teacher conferences. Go online to http://signup.com/go/2faEqS to claim a spot. Any questions contact Troop Leader, Sharon Gruszka at email@example.com.Pierce Downer Scholarship – Know any students at Downers Grove North graduating this year that went to Pierce Downer? The PTA is sponsoring a scholarship for a student who went to Pierce Downer (at least grades 3rd-6th), has at least a C average, and is a positive role model through community service activities. Applications are available on the Family Connections link of the DGN website. Please pass on to anyone you know that may be eligible. Contact Carrie Reichert at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Reading Games – Reading Games Spirit Wear is available for purchase. Orders are due by Friday, February 10, 2017. Please note, t-shirts can be purchased individually and do not need to be purchased as one order per team. However, a team should coordinate T-Shirt colors including the team parent and team chaperone. Helping as a volunteer, but not as a team parent or team chaperone? Please consider purchasing the maroon T-Shirt which includes “Volunteer” in the logo. To order click on http://store.zimmzang.com/readinggames. Please direct questions to ReadingGamesDG58@gmail.com.
Service Learning – The following events are for PD students and their families! The Service Learning Committee has set everything up for you. Just choose an activity for your family and RSVP. Every activity requires an adult chaperone. Click Service Learning Events Information and Registration to learn more and to register for events listed.These events are for PD students and their families!
- Kindness Pouches –The SLC is proud to be partnering with Student Council again on the Kindness Pouches! We are collecting warm socks, hand warmers, granola bars, trail mix and chapstick to distribute to the homeless. Items can be dropped off in the bins next to the LRC throughout the remainder of the school year.
- Lexington Nursing Care Center – Please join the SLC for our February volunteer opportunity! We will be visiting the residents of the Lexington Nursing Care Center in Lombard (2100 S. Finley Rd.) to make Valentine crafts together. The event will be Monday, Feb. 13 at 3:30. All craft materials will be provided. We have space for 15-20 volunteers to join us! It really brightens the day of the residents to have young visitors. Please note that all students must be transported and accompanied by an adult during this event. Please RSVP to Becky Meyers at email@example.com.
- Blessings in a Backpack – Thanks to all of the volunteers that participated in the Blessings in a Backpack event this past week. Due to the fantastic turnout students managed packing all of the 300 bags (that were then distributed to District 58 students) and parents helped facilitate. To learn more about Blessings in a Backpack please click on link above.
STEAM Classes– For more information and to register for any of the classes listed below, click the link on STEAM Class Information and Registration
- Common Threads (Kindergarten- 3rd Graders) – Cooking for Life with local chef Rae Ellen. Learn about nutrition and healthy cooking. Students will make and eat a healthy snack during class.
- Monday, February 27th from 3-4pm in the Pierce Downer Gym
- Click on link above for more info and to register.
Save the Dates –
2/2 – Fun Lunch
2/8-2/9 – Parent Teacher Conferences
2/10 – Spirit Day – Mismatch Day
2/16- Fun Lunch
For more information on school or PTA activities please visit the school web site or PTA web site. For even more information on community events and activities please check out the District’s e-fliers page at District e-fliers.