Farewell Reception – Thursday, June 8th at 3pm – Please join us in the gym right after school to celebrate our staff who are either retiring or leaving for other positions in the district. We will be be honoring Mr. Sisul, Ms. Jerves, Ms. Mitchell, Mr. Ball, Mr. Larsen and Mr. Mega. Stop by to say goodbye, drop off a card from your child and celebrate some amazing staff members. For those with allergies, please be aware that cake will be served. **Ms. Jerves will not be at the reception so if you or your student would like to drop something off to thank her, you should do it by Wednesday.
Last Call for Check Requests – The PTA needs all check requests turned in on or before the last day of school, Friday, June 9th. Please contact Anu Fisher at email@example.com or Mariah Cameron firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a check request and you won’t be able to meet the June 9th deadline. Click here to view the check request form. Please be sure to include your contact information so we can get your check to you after the school office closes on June 14th. We also ask that you deposit/cash all PTA reimbursement checks by June 20th. Thank you in advance!
2017-2018 PD PTA Volunteer Opportunities – The Pierce Downer PTA is beginning to plan our volunteer opportunities for the 2017-18 school year and will again be using Sign Up to help us organize our volunteer efforts. This information helps us form committees, especially those that need to be up & running in August (i.e.: New Family Welcome, Room Reps, Copy & LRC Helpers, Welcome Back Party). Please sign up for what interests you.
- Click this link to view descriptions and sign up: http://signup.com/go/JFslUds
- Enter your email address: (You will NOT need to register an account on Sign Up)
- Choose your spots – Sign Up will send you an automated confirmation and reminders. Easy!
- Your name/email address will be shared with the committee chair, who will then contact you before the event/task to discuss details.
- We will also have sign ups available at the volunteer luncheon at RBK June 1st.
Note: Sign Up does not share your email address with anyone. Questions? Please contact Stephanie Vroman email@example.com
Summer Math Club – WE NEED MORE VOLUNTEERS!!! Your kids can read or play chess at the library while you work a shift! Give a couple of hours in the morning or evening over the summer to facilitate math packet pick-up and drop-off at the library and hand out prizes for completed math sheets. There will be 3 days to choose from:
- June 19th and 20th
- July 10th and 11th
- July 31st, August 1st and 14th
- Ronald McDonald House Events:
- Cookie Baking for Patients & Tour – June 13, 2017 from 1pm-3pm. Click here to sign up.
- Augie’s Drive for Supplies – June 17 from 9am-2pm. For details about the event, click here. Please consider baking individually wrapped, labeled, nut-free treats for the bake sale. See flyer for a list of items that will be collected and donated to the Ronald McDonald House.
PTA Meeting Minutes – The meeting minutes from last week’s PTA Meeting can be viewed here.
Kickbowl – Another successful Kickbowl in the books! Congrats to The Chiefs for being the 2017 Champions! A special thanks to Sarah Diehl, Jamie Guerin, Leah Thulin, all the Dad Umps and Jr. Umps too!
TOMORROW – Field Day
THURSDAY – 6th Grade Breakfast, 9-11am
THURSDAY – Farewell Reception, 3pm in the gym
FRIDAY- Last Day of School- Half Day
For more information on school or PTA activities please visit the school web site or PTA web site. For even more information on community events and activities please check out the District’s e-fliers page at District e-fliers.