Battle of the Bands Adult Show – Please join us at Ballydole THIS SATURDAY, April 21st at 7pm for an evening of entertainment by our PD parent bands. There is a $10 suggested donation/cover charge at the door. Here is the lineup for the show-
- 7:00-7:30pm – Exile on Grant Street: John Doyle, Allen Dougherty, Jeff Kuchta, Aaron Modica, Sarah Scholz & Mike Riske
- 7:40-8:10pm – Hip Replacements: Chris Degiorgio, Frank Hurst, Ed Larson, Mike Cummins, Todd Schenk and Ben Tombaugh
- 8:20-8:50pm – Heavy Petters: Missy Hansen, Tim Heverin, Dan Karrow, Hilary McElligot and Lou Reina
- 9:00-9:30pm- Uncommon Core: Janie Cross, Marty Gallwas, Luke Henrikson, Allison Heverin, Tim Heverin, Pete Hopkins and Liz Werthman
- 9:40-10:10pm – No Sudden Movements: Mariah Cameron, Chris Digiorgio, Amy Goray, Brian Hecht, Janet Hecht, Chuck Melau and Cara Knutson
- 10:20-10:50pm – Pierce This: Theresa Arnold, Sean Boze Casten, Tom Civitanova, Brian Gaetto, Brian Moore and Robin Rutkowski, and Maggie Sluzas
- 11:00-11:30pm – Charlemagne’s Revenge: Bob Blair-Smith, Mariah Cameron, Kristen France, Rob France, Tim Heverin, Paul Kinealy and Jeff Kuchta.
- 11:40pm-12:10am – Covfefe: Luke Henrikson, Paul Kinealy, Aaron Modica and Paul Rowley
Earth Week Activities – Earth Week is coming up next week (April 23rd – 27th)! The PTA’s Healthy Kids Committee has the following activities planned for our students:
- Monday – After-school Pollinator Party in the gym
- Tuesday – Pollinator Power Snack Challenge during lunch
- Wednesday – Morning Yoga from 7:45-8:15am in the gym and waste-free lunch raffle
- Thursday – Waste free demo table at Open House
- Friday – Walk/Bike to School
For complete details (times, locations) click on our Earth Week Flyer.
SLC’s Chemo Kit Packing Party & End of Year Participant Party – Service Learning Committee is hosting one last volunteer event, Tuesday May 1st from 3-4pm in PD gym. Let’s brighten the day for a child going through chemo. Join us in packing chemo kits with some fun and handy items. These Chemo Kits will be given to children being treated at Lurie Children’s Hospital. Send in $5 with your child to cover cost of supplies – there will be an envelope in the front office to drop your money or send it to school with your child and label envelope “SLC Chemo Kits.” At this SAME event we would like to thank all those who volunteered at any SLC event or donated to any of the organizations SLC supported this 2017-18 school year. We will have snacks and popsicles for all participants! Sign up here. Please respond by Friday, April 27th.If you have questions, contact Jennie Amidei at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author Fest at PD – Get ready for the 2018 Author Fest! This week, Pierce Downer will host authors Michelle Schaub, Troy Cummings, Allan Woodrow, Kate Hannigan, and Brianna DuMont. The authors will present and interact with students as they discuss their books and what it’s like to be a real author. All students are invited to participate in an author trivia contest for the chance to win a book from one of these authors. This wonderful event is designed to help foster a love of reading and writing!
District 58 PTA Council Author Fest Book Sale & Signing – Author Fest concludes with a book sale and author signing at the Downers Grove Public Library on Friday, April 20th from 6:00 – 8:00 pm. Families are invited to come by and meet the authors in person! Please note that you need not purchase a book at the event to participate, and you may bring your own copy of the book to have signed.
Battle of the Bands Raffle – LAST CHANCE! Enter for your chance to win priority seating at the Battle Of The Bands show at Ballydoyle on Saturday, April 21st! Look for raffle forms in your child’s folder or click here. Forms are DUE TOMORROW! Winners will be drawn on Thursday, April 19th at lunch! Good Luck and see you at the show!
Fun Run – Fun Run is coming up on Thursday, May 3rd. We have received 270 registrations so far. The Paw sock order has been turned in, but you can still register for the run.
Please fill out the Fun Run Registration and turn into the office with cash or check made out to Pierce Downer PTA. The entry fee is $5 per person or $20 per family and preschoolers are free.
Cubs Ticket Holders – As you heard, the game has been postponed due to inclement weather. This game will be made-up on Saturday, July 21st 12:05 p.m. CT. Please maintain possession of your tickets for the game. The April 16 ticket will grant access to the make-up game on July 21 at 12:05 p.m. CT. Note, on this day the Cubs will be playing a doubleheader. Your ticket is only good for the first game (12:05 p.m.) of the doubleheader. Our Cubs tickets are sold out. Have fun!
Thank you to Mike Schaefer and his team of parents who made Science Olympiad last Friday a HUGE success!
Save the Dates-
THURSDAY – Fun Lunch
SATURDAY – Battle of the Bands Adult Show, Ballydoyle, 7pm
4/25 – Wacky Hair Day
4/27 – VIP Day (1st & 5th grade), 9:30-11:30am
4/27 – Half Day
5/3 – Fun Lunch
5/3 – Fun Run
5/5 – Trivia Night at American Legion, 8:00-10:30pm
5/17 – Fun Lunch
For more information on school or PTA activities please visit the school web site or PTA web site. For even more information on community events and activities please check out the District’s e-fliers page at District e-fliers.